Chromebooks are great alternatives of the mass market appeals like Macs or Windows machines. They boot up quickly and are generally safer and also less expensive. Chromebooks have a leg-up on the competition in another area: updates. Not only is it easy to update your Chromebook, but updates only take a few minutes to download and install. By the time PCs and Macs finish updating, you’re up and running with your Chromebook.
How to update your Chromebook
- Connect your Chromebook to the internet over Wi-Fi or ethernet.
- Click on the settings tray in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Click the gear wheel icon next to the lock icon at the top of the settings tray.
- Click on About Chrome OS on the bottom of the left column.
- Click the Check for updates button.
- Once the update finishes downloading, click Restart.