Legends of Runeterra is the newest addition into Riot Games fleet of games, yes we can say that now in 2020 it’s not just a meme anymore. Set in the world of League of Legends, Legends of Runeterra is the strategy card game where skill, creativity, and cleverness determine your success. The game is set to release later this year but no official date has been said yet. In the meantime the game is in Open Beta.
Basically it’s a card game when you can strategize how to properly manage your resources, cards and attack / defense. It has a new approach as it’s not the same mechanic other carding games use. For more information about it see the video below from Riot they explain it way better.
When does open beta end ?
There is not a confirmed date out just yet but no worries the game it won’t be unavailable anymore. From 23rd of this month the game has been released in a open Beta but more and more are being accepted to join.
Anyone who played during the preview patches OR has pre-registered on PC will gain access, Pre-registered folks who did not play in the preview patches should look for an invite email .
As a bonus for being part of the inaugural Beta Season, anyone who plays during open beta will receive an exclusive Moonstruck Poro Guardian once Legends of Runeterra fully launches. To redeem this variant for the Poro Guardian, you’ll just need to login once during beta (though you won’t get the variant until LoR launches) or within seven days after LoR launches.
I had the opportunity to play the game for a few hours now and it has gotten me addicted with it. As a previous fan of League of Legends this game fills me with joy from character interactions and the dialogues. Basically we are getting a better view of the mind of the champions we loved playing league.
Open Beta Patch Notes
Now let’s talk a bit about the patch notes on the new open beta. From the last year there have been a few massive changes so as we progress with the patches we get a more reliable view of how the final game will look like.
- All account progression and content from the preview patches has been reset. There will be no further account resets, anything you earn once the open beta starts is yours to keep!
- Vault, Expedition, Prologue, and general chest rewards have all been updated. Expeditions are more accessible for everyone by adding an Expedition Token to level 10 Vaults and making Shards a greater proportion of the rewards you get from your Expeditions.
- Updated XP rewards to help you make progress without the grind ,you’ll now earn bonus XP for your first few wins of the day and get more XP from losses, while XP gains will now tail off as you reach many hours of LoR in a given day.
The open Beta brings Ranked play for the first time. Your rise through the ranks starts with the Beta Season, which will last until launch. At the end of the season, you’ll earn a Beta Season-exclusive icon based on your highest tier reached to commemorate your first climb in Ranked LoR. The climbing aspect will be closer to League’s system which you gain LP from wins and the difference will be that there will be no promotional games. Once you hit 100 LP you instantly get promoted to the next tier. And here we are going to get from Iron to Master.
FRIENDS LIST, CHAT & CHALLENGE
Being in a totally open beta means you need to see who’s online and available to play. Check out the new social panel which features your friends list, friend chat, and the ability to challenge a friend to a match.
- Friends list added. Includes cross-game presence, see whether your friends are playing LoL or LoR.
- Friend chat added.
- Friend challenge added.
BOARDS & GUARDIANS
Added a new Collections tab where you can completely personalize your gameplay experience. To start, you can check out the first new boards (one for each current region) and guardians (three more to join the original Poro). There’s a ton more to come in the future, and you’ll be able to collect, select, and swap it all right here.
- Collections tab added—unlock and manage your boards & guardians here.
- Loadout functionality for boards and guardians added to all modes.
- 6 new region-inspired boards
Hall of Valor
- 3 new guardians
VISUALS, MINOR TWEAKS, CLARITY & MISCELLANEOUS
- Updated visuals for different champions and level ups
- Now requires an open unit slot , Possession
- Text updated for clarity
- Rarity shifts
- Attack and Initiative icons are clearer now
- Keyboard shortcuts added
- Tutorial improvements
- Improved champions visibility
And lastly we have card updates to Champions, and because there are so many and prone to changing constantly we are going to leave this link here when you can view them all with detail.