Apple has just launched a new MacBook Pro today with a screen size of 16-inches. The new MacBook is available now for pre-order and will be in stores later this week. With a starting price of $2,399, Apple seems to have kept the same price as the previous 15-inch MacBook Pro. If you go all-in on the specs, the price jumps to a staggering $6,099.
It comes with a new processor, a larger screen, better speakers, a larger battery, and the same footprint as the previous generation.
Apple MacBook Pro Specs
- 16.0-inch Retina display, 3072×1920, 226ppi, 500 nits, P3 wide color, True Tone Technology
- Dimensions: 0.64 inch X 14.09 inches X 9.68 inches, 4.3 pounds
- 100-watt-hour battery rated to 11 hours of “wireless web.”
- 96W USB-C charger
- 2.6GHz 6-core 9th gen Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 4.5 GHz) or 2.3GHz 8-core 9th gen Intel Core i9 processor (Turbo Boost up to 4.8 GHz)
- AMD Radeon Pro 5300M with 4GB of GDDR6 memory or AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 4GB of GDDR6 memory
- 512GB up to 8TB of PCIe-based onboard SSD
- 16GB up to 64Gb of 2666MHz DDR4
- 6-speaker stereo system with Dolby Atmos
- “Studio-quality” 3-microphone array
- Intel UHD Graphics 630
- 4 x Thunderbolt 3 ports, Headphone jack
- Backlit Magic Keyboard with Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Force Touch trackpad
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 5.0
Apple has gone back to the old Scissor Mechanism of the switches used on the MacBook Pros of 2015. It’s not the same Mechanism that was once used, but it is slightly different. The travel distance is around 1 millimeter. And the name of it is Magic Keyboard. Also, there is a dedicated Escape key at the top right corner, and on the other end of it, a separate Touch ID unlocks sensor, which is also a physical key.